One of the few items I can point at and truly proudly say: "This is a danish invention!"
The LIFESTRAW is invented by Mr. Vestergaard during a long period in A.frica as volunteer worker.
The ifeStraw® is an award-winning point-of-use portable water filter that transforms microbiologically contaminated water into safe, clean drinking water. It is ideal for a variety of users outside of the home, from hikers and campers to people displaced by natural disasters.
Dimensions: Ø 2,5 x 22,5 cm, 56 g
- Lightweight--only 56 grams (or 2 ounces)
- Uses hollow fibre microfiltration technology
- Purifies a minimum of 1000 litres (264 gallons) of water
- Removes virtually all bacteria (99.9999 percent) and protozoan parasites (99.9 percent) that can contaminate water, including giardia
- Reduces turbidity (muddiness) by filtering particulate matter larger than 0.2 microns
- Made of durable plastic
- Doesn’t require electrical power, batteries or replacement parts–it’s powered by user-generated suction
- For cleaning filter simply blow into the straw